I thought it would be a rad idea to share my 2017 Book Challenge with you. I’m trying to read 60 books this year, which is a low number for me, but with all my other shit going on, it’s been hard to find the time to read. As a way to reach my goal with less anxiety, I wrote my own Book Challenge so that I can check off certain prompts and premises as I go along.
Feel free to add or remove your own in accordance to your interests, I tried to keep things relatively broad; let me know if you check anything off your reading list using this challenge!
- A nonfiction book
- A book published in the last year (pretty sure I’ll be checking this off with The Bone Witch or A Court of Wings and Ruin)
- A book by someone who isn’t an author (I’m like 1/2 way through Anna Kendrick’s autobiography and it’s super funny)
- A recommendation (I will be getting to Garth Nix’s Abhorsen trilogy…I’m so sorry it took me a year, Megan.
- An award winning book (I’m looking at you Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe)
- A book with a one-word title
- A book with a number in the title (I’M DOING THIS ONE RIGHT NOW)
- A book on your TBR (if this prompt seems like it crawled up from a hole of chaos and despair, that’s because it did. Surprise!)
- a book about / based around mythology (Wanted: Hades & Persephone smut)
- a book about food
- a book you bought on a trip (Fun fact: I bought Red Queen on a trip to Carmel and I’m starting a read-along with a Facebook group on February 1st! If anyone needs more incentive to read, let me know and I’d be happy to start a book-club)
- a book with a pseudonym
- a book about the ocean
- a book of poetry
- a book about best friends
- a thriller
It’s more for when I hit a book slump and need a boost. Checking things off of lists is one way I can always ensure my motivation. I figure when I check all of these off, I can rewrite another list… and another… and another… If you have any suggestions or you plan on using this as a guideline, let me know! I always have recommendations for those of us who need more of an excuse to buy books.
I jumped on that Coleen Hoover bandwagon and everyone has been telling me to read Truthwitch because it’s similar to ToG; I finished the third book in that series yesterday and my life is in shambles. I got Shade Me because its about synethsia, which I have, and its a thriller. Playlist for the Dead sounds sad as fuck and has a musical premise, which is one of my favorite things ever.
I heard back about my laptop today, there’s no estimate for when it will be back BUT I don’t have to pay for the replacement parts because of warranties, yay!
Soon, I’ll be able to upload pictures from my big girl camera.
I hope everyone has a great weekend.
The Book Witch